Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve

My New Year's Eve plans sure were have changed over the last decade! And although I hung out with a 2, 3, 5, and 7 year old, I still had a great end to 2012 and wouldn't change it. Drew and Padgett had tickets to the Thunder game and it was their last night in town. Matt's Mom, Dad, Erin, Tim and Matt all had tickets to the OSU/Gonzaga game and I was invited as well. However, babysitters aren't the easiest to come by on New Year's Eve and I decided I would have just as much fun staying home with the kids and planning a fun night for them so that's what we did. In fact, I was able to get our nanny, Kristin, to come with me to Chuck E Cheese because I was too much of a chicken to take all four there by myself. The kids had so much fun but with Sloan and Hadley going one direction and Davis and Hudson going the other, I was definitely glad she was there to help!

Here are the kids waiting for pizza with their cup of coins to go play games. I could not believe how patiently they waited because they were so excited!

                                      

And just a few pictures of the kids playing. My parents ended up coming by to watch the kids play as well. We all had a great time and the kids minded so well. 









After playing for a couple hours, we decided to call it quits and head back home. We played some more at home and with all the kids getting pretty tired, we made it an early night (with no disappointment from me)! Hudson slept in his crib and Matt and I made a pallet for the three bigger kids in the theater room where they fell asleep watching a movie. Sloan was a little scared and so I went to bed about 11 and Matt stayed in the movie room with them until about 1:30 when he woke up after falling asleep in the recliner. When he walked out of the theater room and down the hall he noticed a cold breeze and looked over to see our side door was open and Bauer was gone. We have no idea when he got out other than sometime between 11 and 1:30. Unfortunately, when Bauer gets out he runs! He looked for him for a little bit on his own and then came in to wake me up and tell me he was going out to look some more. Of course, I panicked and cried because I was so scared of Bauer being out in the freezing cold and getting lost. I called my parents at 1:45 in the morning and they immediately jumped in the car to help us look for him. Can I just say they are amazing!!!! I paced the house and felt so helpless. I prayed that God would please bring Bauer home safely and within about 30 minutes Matt was on the phone with me telling me he had found him. Definitely an exciting way to bring in the New Year but I was just so thankful to have our fur baby home!

No comments:

Post a Comment