Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas card and family pics

I am a little late posting these since we took the pictures back in August but I wanted to wait until I could include our Christmas card as well. Our Christmas card this year is my favorite I have made yet! Mostly because I love our family pictures we had taken by Pam Bales but also because I included a quick summary of each kids likes, activities, and personality traits. I thought it would be great for anyone receiving a Christmas card that doesn't see us often. Anyway, here are some pictures of how the cards turned out:






Here are some of my favorite pictures (lots of them) from our photo session. I have been wanting to do pictures of our whole family in our own house for a while now. I especially wanted pictures of the two kids together since we can rarely get one of both the kids looking and smiling the at the same time. Hudson has been in a phase for a while now where he hates getting his picture taken so my hopes were that we could just get ONE picture that we loved and could blow up big for our wall. I was absolutely thrilled when we got so many that I couldn't even narrow it down to one. I love them! Hudson was in a great mood and Hadley was loving being in front of the camera. We started out with some family pictures on the couch and then took some in our bedroom as well. 





This is my absolute favorite picture EVER!












                                               


                                               

                                  

                                                  


                                     

We decided to try and brave the high temps and get some pictures outside on our new patio furniture. Unfortunately, mommy and daddy gave up before the kids and we decided sweaty faces wouldn't look very good in pictures! 





I still have a hard time believing our beautiful baby girl is 5 years old and it doesn't help that she looks even more grown up in these pictures:







                                                  

                                     


                                     






Hadley was very excited to get to take some pictures in her room and loved it even more when Pam asked her to jump on the bed. This may be the only time she has gotten permission to jump on her bed!










We had pretty much lost Hudson's attention and he wasn't very cooperative for pictures anymore. We had set up a bunch of balloons to take the kids pictures in front of down by the golf course and Pam managed to get a couple more while we walked down there. Unfortunately when we made it down to the balloons he really wasn't wanting any pictures so we just got some of Hadley (which turned out great so it was ok).





I wanted to get some pictures with balloons since these pictures were also for their 2nd and 5th birthdays. I had seen an idea to stake the balloons into the ground with golf tees and although it worked pretty well, I didn't even take into consideration the effect the wind would have. Thankfully, we were able to get some when the wind wasn't blowing too much. 











Another one of my very favorites!


After a little over an hour of taking pictures we were done (we thought)! Just as we were heading inside Hudson spotted his tricycle and started riding on the sidewalk. Pam took one more opportunity to snap a few pictures of Hudson on his very favorite toy. I love this because it will be such a good memory of him at 2 years old because we literally spend every single night on this tricycle!







I love our pictures and am so happy that we got too many to even choose from.  Our walls may not have any blank spots anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment