Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ice cream dates

We've made a few trips to Braums lately for some ice cream dates. I love using my children to fulfill my ice cream cravings! My first date was with Hudson. He gets out of school about one hour before Hadley so we always have some time to kill before picking her up. Well, this particular day I had to do a little bribing. Unfortunately, Hudson's teacher informed me that he had been biting kids...again. So when I dropped him off on Thursday morning I told him that if he wouldn't bite anybody we could go get some ice cream while we waited for Hadley. When I picked him up that afternoon he ran up to me screaming. I said, "Did you bite anybody?" and he quickly yelled, "No!" I confirmed this with his teachers and we quickly got in the car for his treat. I took lots of pictures of my cute date enjoying ice cream and then we got a cup to go so we could surprise Hadley with her own ice cream as well.




I am so in love with this adorable face!


How in the world has the time gone by so fast that he is no longer in a high chair and needs no help feeding himself.






The next week both of the kids were feeling a little under the weather and it was cold outside so we had been stuck inside the house ALL day. This is not easy for any of us and after playing with every toy and craft in the house we decided we just really needed to get out. I suggested ice cream and the kiddos wasted no time grabbing their coats, hats, and shoes.

Hudson was really not in the mood for pictures this time around and so I only had one child cooperating!

When Hadley smiles she now pushes her tongue through the holes where she has lost her two front teeth:



Hadley wanted so badly to take her picture with Hudson and he just would not give in!


The best I could get...

Whoever says ice cream is only good in the summer does not know the Holloman family. We will take an ice cream date any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment