Saturday, June 6, 2015

More Lake time

Another weekend at the lake after Hadley's softball tournament and it was perfect, hot weather. Mama and Papa bought these new water balloons and we tried them out for our first water balloon fight. The kids had so much fun but I think they enjoyed hitting their daddies the most!

 


















The rest of the weekend was spent playing in the sun and having fun with family. We got out on the water a lot and found that everyone finally likes the boat this year (Buck was NOT a fan last year)!







 

 
 

Some pretty pictures of sweet Bauer...
This dog just LOVES the lake!




And finally...my good mom moment of the weekend. Short story: Hadley and Peyton were playing in the water and I was sitting in the grass watching them. Suddenly, Hadley got swarmed by horseflies and they would not leave her alone. She was swatting at them and getting bit over and over. I yelled at her to get out of the water because she was losing her breath while trying to go in and out away from them. She ran up to me and they were all over the top of her head. In a moment of panic that I hate to admit, I picked up her lifejacket and swung at them. I was so proud of myself for getting them to fly away when I suddenly realized she was crying even harder. As Ryan heard the screams and ran over we both saw a giant knot popping up on Hadley's forehead. Turns out my aim wasn't so good and the buckle of the lifejacket hit her across the face. Poor girl was black and blue, swollen, cut, and instead of feeling bad for herself she cried because she felt bad for me. I, of course, could not have felt worse and worried about her all night. Unfortunately, the next morning the swelling had gone down a bit but she was covered in bruises and little cuts. What an end to the weekend!






Sleepy kiddos after a fun weekend at the lake!





No comments:

Post a Comment