Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Hadley's sick day...but some sweet things to remember!

So Hadley woke up at 4am sick and throwing up. She was absolutely devastated. Not because she didn't feel well...but because she knew she was not going to get the perfect attendance award this year. In fact, she was in the middle of throwing up the second time when she said, "Mommy, I really think i will feel good enough to go to school." She has talked about it a million times this semester already and she was so determined. Because this girl never gets sick I really thought she would do it but it just wasn't in the plans.

So Hadley had a sick day at home and at 6:30 in the morning I was scrambling to figure out how today was going to work out. Thankfully, our babysitter is amazing and even at 32 weeks pregnant she was still willing to take care of our sick daughter until I could come home for lunch. I had a 2.5 hour lunch and then Mama came over to take care of her in the afternoon. She even got spoiled by Mama who brought her a get well toy!

So the sweet things that happened today...

-as Hadley was throwing up at 4am Hudson woke up to the commotion and came in the bathroom to see what was going on. When he saw Hadley was sick he just stood behind her and rubbed her back to make sure she was ok.

-Hadley cried and cried when I left for work which I absolutely hated but I love knowing that as quickly as she is growing up there are still times that she just really needs me.

-When I came home for lunch I got a text from Hadley's teacher telling me that the entire class had prayed for Hadley to feel better soon. Telling this to Hadley brought a huge smile to her face and instantly made her feel a little bit better.

-I went back to work and came home to find Hadley still laying on the couch and Hudson was showing her all his toys. He was being extra sweet to her when he is typically so rough and tumble!

-Hudson loves to get the mail with me and so we walked outside together. Lately, we have been getting a lot of toy catalogs and he always wishes for one when he opens the mailbox. Today he said, "I hope there a boy magazine in there for me. And a girl one for sissy because she the best sissy in the whole world."

- After Hadley was feeling much better we got in the bath. I didn't want the kids taking a bath together so Hadley took a bath and Hudson just talked to her. I walked in to him telling her that God made her better because he is the strongest in the whole world and  he has potions to make her better. Ha! Potions? And he said he prayed for her to get better.

- Finally, as the kids looked through the catalogs they would circle things they liked. After each thing that Hudson circled he would look into the sky and say, "God, can I please have this toy?" or "Santa, can I please have this toy?" It was really cute. Hadley even mentioned that she wanted this watch and Hudson looked up in the sky and said, "God, can my sissy please have this watch?" Then he turned to her and said, "OK, you will get it now!"



No comments:

Post a Comment