Monday, September 9, 2013

Lunch with Hadley

I have been waiting to have lunch with Hadley at school since school started! The day was finally here that Hudson started school and I would be able to have lunch with her. I didn't tell her until this morning and she started screaming when I told her I was going to be bringing her Chick-fil-A for lunch. When I arrived at her class with lunch for me, Hadley, and her teacher I was greeted with the biggest hug and smile. Hadley's teacher said she had talked about me coming all morning. She held my hand, sat on my lap for their lunchtime prayer, and introduced me to her friends. I listened to all of her conversations with her friends and laughed at the 6 year old humor. I asked her teacher if her class was always this calm and Mrs. Burshek said she has a dream class! I agreed after seeing all the sweet natured kids in her class. One little boy, Ty, was given the germ juice job for the day where he dispensed hand sanitizer to each kid. I watched Ty put "germ juice" on each little girls hand and then his teacher said, "Ty, you missed Sebby." Ty then replied, "Mrs. Burshek, I was wanting to give it to all the girls first." What a sweet boy!

I love this message written to the children each day, especially that she writes "I love you always" at the end.

This sign is a little hard to read but Hadley says God made her special because she can "brush her own teeth."

While looking around at Hadley's artwork I came across this gem! Hadley could figure out why it made me giggle...


Hadley's two best friends in class, Charlotte and Mary Beth:


I had such a great lunch with Hadley and was sad to leave when it was over. I love that she still wants me there and I love that she is so proud of me. Little does she know that I am more proud of her than I could have ever imagined! I can't wait to have lunch with her again...for as long as she'll let me!

No comments:

Post a Comment