Thursday, September 19, 2013

Feeding the ducks

After dropping Hadley off at school, Hudson and I decided to go home, rest, and get ready for the day. While at home I asked him if he wanted to go feed the ducks. His reply..."they, hungry?" I said yes and he jumped off the couch, ran to the play closet, and grabbed his gun. He came back out and said, "I shoot the ducks!" Where does he learn this stuff????
So we loaded up the car and stopped by my parents house for a loaf of bread. The weather was perfect when we arrived at Lake Hefner and there were so many ducks in the water. Hudson wasted no time grabbing a slice of bread and throwing a piece in the water. He absolutely LOVED when the ducks would quack loudly and turn to look at me with a big smile on his face. An older man showed up after us and decided to give Hudson his loaf of bread which made Hudson even more excited. We fed the ducks for at least 15 minutes before he even walked away from the edge of the water. Over and over he would say, "come here, ducks!"





If you look closely you can see the fly landing on Hudson's piece of bread. He kept telling the flies to get away from the duck's food.








This one was Hudson's favorite and he was definitely partial to giving him the bread...






Done with the bread and he remembered his gun! He would say, "Come here, ducks" and then start shooting at them. Of course, it would make them start swimming away. So he would hang his head with hurt feelings, go get more bread, lure them back in, and start shooting once again. This continued for about 30 minutes.



"One more bread, ducks?"






One of my favorites....



I love to see my kids so happy and full of smiles. I love showing them little pieces of this big world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment