Tuesday, August 13, 2013

New carseat

We have been dealing with about 6 months of carseat drama! Hudson literally screams bloody murder from the second we put him in his seat until we get him out. He says it hurts him (which it definitely does not) and he is able to houdini himself out of it. On a few trips I have even had to pull over multiple times on the side of the road to put him back in the carseat, just to have him get out again. It was driving me nuts and I was at my wits end. I would purposely avoid errands so that I could avoid meltdowns. I was also worried about how I was going to handle all the time we would be spending in the car with Hadley now in school. So while googling ideas on the internet I finally found a Batman carseat that I hoped would help. Unfortunately, it is triple the price of regular carseats but if it would make for a peaceful trip then it was definitely worth the money. We ordered it online, it came in two days later, and Matt brought home the surprise from his office. Hudson was ECSTATIC when he saw his new seat and couldn't wait. He wanted to go for a ride in the car and then sit on the couch to watch tv with it. He was so excited and I thought we had made some headway:






Turns out....he doesn't love the car seat anymore and never wants to sit in it. So now Hadley (because she always wants to make things easy) has given up her car seat and he sits in it while she sits in the Batman car seat. But, knock on wood, we still have peace in the car and no more crying. We will take it however we can get it!


Oh, and everytime I am in the car without the kids, this is what I see when I turn my head to change lanes. I have jumped SO many times thinking someone is in there with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment