Thursday, August 15, 2013

First day of school

I am combining a couple days in one starting with Meet the Teacher. 

A few days before we were scheduled to meet Hadley's kindergarten teacher at school she received this cute invitation in the mail. Hadley was not only excited to receive mail addressed to her but she could hardly wait for me to read what it said. As cute as this invitation is...


...it was what was written on the back that made me immediately fall in love with her teacher. I love that Hadley's teacher has been praying for her before even meeting her. I love that Hadley felt loved before her first day of school. And I love that she took the time to write her and each of the kids in her class a letter. Only two more days until Hadley could put a face with the name and she couldn't wait!


A couple weeks before Meet the Teacher we found out that one of Hadley's best friend from preschool, Mary Beth, was in her class. I was excited that the transition for the preschool to the big school would be much smoother with a friend in class. Mary Beth was the first one she saw when she walked in the classroom and ran straight to her. Hadley had a blast checking out all the new things in her classroom. I was impressed at how big the classrooms were for only 16 kids and how organized her teacher had it.




As we were leaving Meet the Teacher (whom Hadley loved) Mrs. Burshek gave her a poem and some confetti to put under her pillow. It would make her sleep better and help her to be well rested before her first day of school. Hadley wasn't so sure about putting it under her pillow but just wanted it on her bed frame instead.


After getting the confetti situated we settled into bed to read a book. Mama had bought Hadley this cute book called "The Night before Kindergarten." It was such a cute story and we even had to read it twice.




The first day has arrived and one of us could not have been more excited! I, on the other hand, couldn't sleep, got up extra early so that I could be ready before Hadley woke up, and had butterflies in my stomach all morning. I had no idea how hard it would be to send Hadley away to Kindergarten. I will miss spending all day with her on my days off and will look forward to 3:15 each day!

I think Hadley could not have looked any cuter in her school uniform. Not to mention, we have the best plaid of all the private schools so it helps to make a cute uniform! I went a little overboard on pictures but she was so cooperative and I wasn't ready to leave so I just kept taking more.








How fun for Peyton to be the first person we saw as we walked up to the school. Peyton was so sweet to want to walk Hadley into the school.



She looks a little nervous here but actually was not nervous at all. She quickly found her locker, put her bag inside, and made her way to her table.


Mrs. Burshek had put a piece of paper on the table and the kids were supposed to color a picture of what they had done this summer. Hadley quickly went to work.



Before leaving I had to get a picture of Hadley and Mrs. Burshek. I love how Hadley just looks so excited!


As I basically got ushered out the door I couldn't help but take a couple more pictures looking back in her classroom. I then walked off only to peek my head in one more time for a couple more pics. She was doing great and it was time for me to leave....



After dropping Hadley off, Matt had to go to work and I joined the other Kindergarten and 1st grade moms for a BOOHOO/YAHOO breakfast. The school puts a breakfast on each year for 1st grade parents to help the Kindergarten parents make it through the day. It was fun meeting other parents and seeing some familiar faces as well. I held it together until I drove away from the school and then I had a little bit of a meltdown while leaving the parking lot. But I made it though the day and was more than happy to pick her up at school and hear about her first day...which was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment