Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Hudson's birthday blessing

One of my very favorite things about our school is the birthday blessing they do for the students. Hudson's birthday blessing was a little late due to holidays and some other stuff going on but his teacher scheduled. Unfortunately for me, all preschool birthday blessings are held on Tuesdays during their chapel time. Tuesday is the ONLY day I just can't get off and I was more than upset to have to miss it. Thankfully, Hudson has a pretty awesome daddy that took off in a heartbeat to go up to school and be there for him. Hadley's teacher was also so sweet to let her go as well. So we didn't tell Hudson much about it and he was so very surprised when he walked into chapel to see Mama, Papa, Daddy, and Hadley all there to greet him. Papa videoed the whole thing and Matt took lots of pictures for me so it didn't feel like I missed out...too much.


During the birthday blessing his teacher, Miss Kristin, and the Music teacher, Miss Connie, each say what they love about Hudson and how he has been a blessing to have at the school. They mentioned how he always has a big smile on his face and is the first to listen and follow directions. Of course, the entire time he was standing up there he had the biggest grin and was so proud. 








After his music teacher, Miss Connie, and his teacher, Miss Kristin, each said a little about Hudson and then prayed for him he was able to stay up at the front and lead the classes in songs. These next pictures are all of him doing the hand motions and singing. These are some of my favorites!







I just couldn't handle having no part in his birthday celebration so the following Thursday I had cookies made for the class and went up to school to eat lunch with Hudson and his class. Because his lunch was at 11:30 and Hadley's is at 11 I was able to take lunch to Hadley and surprise her with a Subway sandwich (her favorite right now). I hung out in her class for a bit and then walked down to Hudsons for my first lunch with the 4 year olds! It was hilarious and fun. The kids all sat great in their chairs and actually ate their lunches but listening to them giggle and make jokes made my day! Hudson was a complete ham and was eating it up that I was there at lunch with him. He laughed the entire time and kept giving me hugs. He said he loved me a million times and introduced me to all his friends. It was fun to see him in his element and revealing his outgoing personality that he sometimes hides. Unfortunately, he didn't really handle me leaving so well and teared up a little as I left the room. But apparently, it only lasted until I was out of sight and then he was all smiles again. Because of the separation its probably not something I should do often but I'm pretty excited to go have lunch again with him soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment