Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gaylord Texan Day 3

Sunday consisted of plans to see Santa while he was visiting the Gaylord Texan. But first, we had scheduled a breakfast with the dreamworks characters. We got dressed and made our way downstairs for a few pictures.  







World's largest gingerbread house:






Hudson wouldn't humor me and take a picture with Hadley so I thought maybe he would at least take one with Papa holding him.

But I was wrong and he quickly put me in my place when I said "Smile, Hudson!"


Watching the trains while we waited for our breakfast reservations.



Still not giving up on getting a picture of the two together....and still having no luck.


Our beautiful baby girl! She is such a joy all the time...




We made it inside for an incredible breakfast buffet call Shrek Feast. All the foods were labeled with Shrek terms and everything was so delicious! The characters walked around while you ate and would stop for pictures and to talk with the kids. Once again, Hadley loved getting to have her picture taken with them and Hudson did not. He did, however, insist on following them all around and seeing exactly what they were doing at all times. Good thing Papa spoils him and carried him around the whole time!







I love Hudson's face here with Fiona! She was Hadley's favorite character.



One last look at the trains before we went to see Santa.



So we knew Santa pictures were going to be a disaster with one child while the other could hardly wait to get on his lap. After waiting in line for about 30 minutes we got these really cute pictures of Hadley on Santa's lap. She was so sweet and told him she had been really nice to her brother so could she please have .... The jury is still out on that so she decided she would write him a letter so he knew exactly what she wanted when she decided.



And then we attempted to put Hudson on Santa's lap with Hadley. Before even setting him down I told the photographer, "You will just have to take the picture quick because he WILL cry." So instead of listening to me she tries to work her magic of shaking a tamborine which only made Hudson scream more. She finally gives Matt and I a look of "what do I do" and then took the picture. Yep. Exactly as we had anticipated:

I quickly rescued him, he continued to cry as we bought the pictures, and fussed the entire time we packed up our bags. We took all our stuff downstairs only to find out they had "lost" our car in valet somewhere. Thankfully, Hadley had already started home with my parents and Hudson had calmed down and was happy as he could be standing on the sidewalk watching people walk back and forth. The did find our car, credited us our valet charge, and we prepared for the drive home (which, again, went exceptionally well even though he didn't sleep a bit).  


And while we were driving I was sent this text by my mom. Apparently she had no trouble falling asleep:


No comments:

Post a Comment