Thursday, November 22, 2012

A busy Thanksgiving (but so thankful for it!)

We feel so, so lucky to have both of our families in town and only a few miles from us but it can also make holidays very hectic while bouncing from house to house. Thankfully, it usually works out to do Thanksgiving with my family on Wednesday night and Thanksgiving day with Matt's family. However, my brothers firefighter schedule didn't allow for it this year so we celebrated with both families on Thanksgiving day. It worked out great, the kids never hit a meltdown point, and we all made it to bed at a decent hour. Success!

We got up and around, took showers, hung out at our house for a little bit and then went to Lolly and Pop's house about 11. The kids played for a bit while we all got lunch ready (and I need to add that Lynn did almost all the work). We had a fabulous lunch with Erin, Tim, Lexi, Jase, and Tim's grandparents. Because Matt's brother, Drew, and sister, Amy, are coming Christmas this year they were at their in-laws for Thanksgiving. 


I am so incredibly thankful for this sweet girl. She makes me smile EVERY single day!



And I am pretty fond of this stinker too! The only way to get a picture of Hudson lately is to catch him off guard because he screams, "NO!" everytime he sees a camera pointed his way. See pic...



Playing catch with daddy:



Hadley and Nana who will be 100 in just over a month!


Daddy's little girl!

As mentioned above....This is the best picture we could get because of one of us not being very cooperative with the camera! For some reason, it makes me like the picture even more.


Going outside to swing and run around before heading home for a quick afternoon nap.


After waking up from naps we jumped back in the car to be at my parent's house at 4:30. This is Buck's first Thanksgiving and he is such a blessing:



Peyton is such a good, helpful big sister.


Ryan sucker Hudson into taking off his socks and shoes and Hudson loved the game.



Obviously, by the looks of everyone's faces, Hudson was being a little performer at the moment.



Teaching Buck about life (and someone may want to teach Hudson how to comb his hair).



Cannot wait to see these little guys become such great buddies!


And these little girls are already best of friends....


...and complete goofballs!




I am just so thankful for both of our families and I don't need a holiday to remind me how blessed I am. I just enjoy the holiday the most for a day off work for everyone and all the family time we get to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment