Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Theta skit night

I was more than excited to get my invitation to the Theta skit night in Norman. This is where the Thetas show the alumni one of the skits they will be performing during rush and the alumni get to bring their daughters along. Hadley has never been to Norman and I was so anxious for her to see the beautiful Theta house and all the rooms I lived in. I rushed home from work, we changed our clothes, and packed our stuff in the car. And then the plans went haywire. Our power flickered, then again, and finally it was off for good. We still thought it would be better to get out of the house so we climbed in the car and I snapped this picture of a beautiful sunset and some clouds in the sky.


And before I even made it out of the neighborhood, the clouds became a lot darker and there was a torrential downpour to where I couldnt see even if the car wasn't moving. So I pulled over as the radio was announcing 60-70 mile/hour winds along with hail and rain moving south on I-35. So I made the decision to call everyone else we were caravanning with and tell them we had decided to stay home. They apparently had the same idea and we decided to wait out the rain then go out to eat at Hefner Grill instead. We still had a great time but I will be very disappointed if we can't make it to Norman again next year!

Hadley and Sloan at dinner. It's amazing how much easier it is to eat out with only one kid and none under 2.

Dinner wore this little one out!

Thankfully, we got home about 1 hour after the power came back on. Unfortunately, Matt and Hudson had to spend a lot of time in the truck watching a movie to keep from getting so hot in our house where the temperature was quickly rising.




No comments:

Post a Comment