Thursday, July 19, 2012

Zoo day

I love our zoo! It is amazing to me how much it has improved in the past few years and I really believe it can compete (or even beat) most of the other zoos in the nation. Anyway, we thought it would be great for Davis and Sloan to get to visit our zoo while they were here. Unfortunately, we have hit the 100+ degree weather so I knew it would be a pretty draining day. We got up early in the morning and decided to get to the zoo as soon as it opened. Lynn met me there which helped tremendously! As we pulled into the parking lot my car read 94 degrees...at 9:00am.

Sloan and Davis playing in the water at the Children's zoo.

Hadley wasn't even bothered by the heat and she was the one I was the most worried about. As soon as it hits over 95 degrees I can't even bribe her to walk out and get the mail with me so I thought she would spend most of the day complaining. She didn't and, in fact, was probably the happiest of the bunch!



We decided to watch the sea lion show and the girls were a little bit bored but the boys LOVED seeing the sea lions do tricks. Hudson really wanted to take his picture with Davis and kept trying to put his arm around him but Davis wasn't really wanting to take any pictures.


Hadley and Sloan waiting for the show to start. They wanted to sit on the bench all by themselves.

But they quickly changed their mind and decided to come sit by us. Looks like my two are already drained with their thumbs in their mouths.


Look at these red faces!




Hudson was VERY serious about watching the sea lions. He didn't want to take his eyes off them.


After the show the kids wanted to cool off so we went into The Canopy to get an icee and take a little break.

A trip to the carousel made all the kids happy. We probably could have just done this and the kids would have been satisfied. I think it was their favorite part.


Hudson was holding on for dear life until he realized he wouldn't fall off...

We had a great time but even early in the morning it was too hot. The animals just wanted to hide out in the shade so we didn't see much activity. But at least the kids got to spend some time together, see some animals, and I got a great nap out of my two that afternoon! With the rest of the summer panning out to be pretty hot I am thinking it may be fall before we venture out to the zoo again.

No comments:

Post a Comment