Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Some July favorites


Well, this hot month is finally over and we still managed to have fun even though we spent a lot of time indoors! Here is to hoping August starts cooling down for us. A few pictures that didn't seem to fit into any blog post.

Hadley bowling for the first time. She loved it...just not the shoes! She just couldn't understand why they weren't pretty. We came bowling for her friend Keely's birthday party and she scored second out of all the girls there. She was pretty excited with her 124 (with bumpers, of course)!


A rare moment for Hudson to fall asleep in the car. This never happens but I guess school really wore him out today!

Mr. Cool...in Mommy's sunglasses.


Saturday afternoon means naps for everyone (but me). Hudson was asleep in his room and Hadley and Daddy were going to watch a movie while I took a shower. After getting ready I walked into the living room to see this.

Baby Buck is getting big so fast! Such a smiley, happy baby. Thankfully, Hudson is still obsessed but at least gives him a break from being held every once in a while.


After deciding to go to the park early one morning before it got hot, I put on a hat. We were just about to load up in the car when Hadley told me she forgot something. She quickly ran upstairs and came down wearing her pink hat as well so that we could match. She looks so stinking cute in a hat!


Dancing bikini queen. This girl is always dancing, always singing, and always wearing her bathing suit. She hates being hot so if I persuade her to go out in this heat she at least has to have on as little as possible. Here are some pictures of a dance she made up in the driveway one day.





I told Hudson we could go on a walk and he wanted to take his wagon with us. He kept trying to put Hadley's babies in it and was getting frustrated that they wouldn't fit. I said, "Hudson, I am going to go upstairs and get Hadley some clothes. Why don't you take your cars in the wagon with us?" Little did I know I would come downstairs to see he would take me so literally and load up ALL his toys with wheels...oh, and a saw just in case we needed it.

\

Playing on the chaise in my room, Hadley and Hudson got the giggles and I happened to have my camera nearby to capture this sweet moment. Every day I can tell they love each other more and more.


"My sister is so hilarious!"


"Hmmm..."

One of my all-time favorites!

Hadley fell asleep on the couch and it was driving Hudson absolutely nuts to not have her up and playing with him. I kept saying, "Hudson, do NOT wake her up." So he would give me this look and lean further and further in to her until...


...he just couldn't stand it any longer!


Being silly in the car while waiting for Hudson to wake up.


And asleep again in the car. This may be only the 3rd or 4th time ever but the second time in one month. Very cliche but there is just nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby!



When I was a little girl I would get up early every Sunday morning and read the comics while my parents read the news. Hadley has taken after me and become quite the early riser as well. She spent the night at my parents one weekend and when she woke up Sunday morning they were reading the paper. She looked through the paper, pulled out the comics, and started laughing as she tried to read and understand them. My dad sent me this picture saying, "Like mother, like daughter."


A family self-portrait while watching movies before bedtime. 


I have mentioned before that Hudson is our biter. He only bites when he really wants something another kid has and unfortunately, Hadley often has that specific toy. She is so sweet and handles him really well. She cries and then immediately gives him a hug and asks him to please say he is sorry. I have to say I wouldn't blame her if she took another approach some day. Well, we have been so so lucky that he has not taken to biting kids at school...until the 2nd to last week. I picked up Hudson from school and received this note as well as an explanation that he bit a poor child. The teacher did say he willingly went to time out, cried the entire time, and wanted to give the kid a hug when he got out. Thankfully, we have a long summer break to work on him and home he ends this habit quickly.


Sleepy girl. Hadley always sleeps with her arms above her head like her daddy.


Last day of school.

And in celebration of the start of the olympics and the end of school we stopped by Eileen's cookies for a special treat.

In the golf cart for our nightly trip on the course to hit some balls.


Hudson thought it was pretty hilarious to hide from us under our entry table. He would be so quiet until we made eye contact and then laugh until he couldn't breathe.


Tickles from sister...


These pictures make it seem like our kids live in front of the TV! But I just can't get enough of these sweet kiddos watching tv together and sucking their thumbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment