Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My kids have the best dad...

...and he deserved a great Father's Day present.

A few of my best friends and I had been planning a Father's Day get-away for our husbands for a few months. Here are how the final details became complete:




When Matt woke up Sunday morning (a week before Father's day) Hadley gave him the card above that told him what a great daddy he was and that she and Hudson wanted him to have a fun day playing golf. So without telling him where he was playing he loaded up his golf clubs, got dressed, and made his way out to the car. I then told him to go to 33rd and Broadway and look for a green balloon. When he got there Chris Robertson was waiting in the parking lot, also confused, with a green balloon hanging out his window. Matt then got a text telling him and Chris to follow each other and look for the next green balloon at 15th and I-35. When they got there Bary Holleyman was waiting with a green balloon. They again got a text telling them to go to the fairfax golfcourse and look for the final green balloon. When they got there Derek Cargill was waiting with his green balloon.

The boys unloaded their clubs and assumed they were playing there when we sent another text saying, "tricked you. Now head to Oak Tree golf club." When they got there they went to the trophy room for lunch and then played a round of golf on the family side. After golf they were given more clues that led them to the Rose Creek clubhouse for the 19th hole (drinks and poker). The girls then decorated a sign, put it on our golf cart, and drove the golf cart up to the clubhouse. We texted them once again to tell them to come outside the clubhouse where they saw the sign telling them to get in the golf cart and head to our house. There we had planned dinner with drinks, steaks, salad, rolls, and dessert.

It was such a fun night and I really think the guys had a great time! I know my kids have the best dad and I feel so lucky to also have such a wonderful husband.


Since we were in Colorado for Father's day, I also have a couple pictures of Daddy and his loves:






And, of course, a very Happy Father's Day to my dad who has always and will always be my hero. He has shown me how I should be treated by a man and he loves his family more than life itself. I am also blessed with an incredible Father-in-law that has shown me love since the day I came into Matt's life and who did an amazing job teaching his son how to be a leader for his family. We love both our dads more than they will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment