Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wedding Showers AND exhaustion


I have never lived in a house that was great for throwing showers, nor have I accumulated all the wonderful servingware that makes a shower so perfect. We now have a house that can host a shower and well, I still left it up to my friends (for the first shower) and my mom (for the second shower) to make serving possible. I guess that will be my next project.

The first shower was for my good friend, Candice, whom I have known for 20+ years! All of my highschool friends are still really close and we have a Bunko group so that we can make sure and get together often. When someone gets married, has a baby, etc. we love to throw a shower for that person. This shower was wonderful! We had pasta, salad, bread, lots of desserts, and lots of wine. I, of course, was too busy making sure everything was going ok and completely forgot to take pictures. Here are a couple though...just wish there were some people in them!

kitchen island set up with the food


wonderful keylime cake balls that Blair made



The second shower was for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Lisa. We went with a brunch theme and I had so much fun planning. I had lots of help with food prep and decorations from my mom and everything went perfectly! Ryan and Lisa decided to get married in Steamboat Springs on top of a mountain in June...can't wait! Here are a few pictures from the morning...


food table with fruit, french toast, breakfast casserole, quiche, cinnamon rolls, brie and...

...cupcakes!


The gorgeous flower decoration that my cousin, Melissa, made for us.



We had the Dirty Water coffee company come. It was AMAZING!


Chaney, Melissa, Creedy, and the bride-to-be




After two successful showers I was exhausted. I think before each of the showers Matt heard me mumble, "I am never doing this again!" but I will take it back now because I had a blast. And everything was put away and cleaned on Saturday so I could spend the day resting on Sunday...Mother's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Kelsey! It has taken us a year to get it to this point because we moved in with NOTHING! Finally starting to really feel like home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash, your house is GORGEOUS!! Must come visit and see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lindsey! I will hold you to it :)

    ReplyDelete