Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day



Yesterday I celebrated my first Mother's day as a mom of two. The day started with Matt waking up early with the kids and letting me sleep in! Then we went to a wonderful Mother's Day brunch at the clubhouse with my mom and dad, Ryan, and Lisa. Like I said in the previous post the house was clean, laundry was done, and the rest of the afternoon consisted of playing with the kids and relaxing on the couch. We ended the day with an inspirational church service that had us ready to start the week. I love my family and I am so blessed that God chose them for me!

Hadley made this at school for me to put my jewelry in. She said, "Mommy, it's so special!"




I will say that I think it takes becoming a mom to really make you appreciate Mother's Day. I have a selfless, loving mom that makes me strive to be a better mom myself. Being a mom is the hardest, yet most rewarding job I have ever been given. I love these kids too incredibly much and I look forward to watching them grow... just not too fast! I love their smiles and giggles. I love watching them play with each other. I love the hugs and kisses. And I love waking up every morning and knowing I get to spend another day with them. Thank you God for making me a mother...twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment