Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One year later...

I cannot believe we have already been in our house a year. It feels like a couple of months ago that I was moving in here 7 months pregnant and wondering what we were thinking! It finally feels like home and we love our house. We had a wonderful building experience with practically no complaints but I could go the rest of my life without having to make all these decorating decisions again. Thankfully, Matt was the perfect person to build a house with because he had as many, if not more, ideas than me and we actually agreed on everything!

When we sold our old house we also sold almost all the furniture with it. The only furniture we brought with us was: our bedroom furniture, Hadley's bedroom furniture, my bed since I have had it since I was 2 year's old, and a leather couch. I loved starting with a clean slate but decorating has never been my expertise so it has been an interesting adventure. All of the big furniture is bought and some accessories are still needed but this is where we are, one year later...

Front of the house. We had a landscaper when we built the house and then Matt had another vision and swapped some trees, added different bushes, and now we will patiently wait for it all to mature.

Back of the house. We love our fescue grass but with NO shade we have seen a drastic increase in our water bill!
Entry
Entry stairs


Family room

Kitchen

Breakfast room
Butler's Pantry
Wine cellar
Dining room
Master bedroom
Master bath

.
Hadley's room. Matt's assistant's husband painted the flowers on her wall that match the flowers on her bed...all free-handed.



*Quick funny story about Hadley's room. Hadley went through a long phase (about two years) of only wearing pink. When deciding on her "big girl room" we knew she would love pink walls and pink bedding. The entire time we were building she would run in her room, so excited for her pink room. Well, after only a couple months of living here we got the flowers painted on her wall. We brought her in her room to show her, she looked all around, and said, "I wish my room was purple because that's my favorite color now." Perfect. She had to settle for her second favorite color.

Hadley's bathroom


Hudson's bedroom



Hudson's bathroom


Office
Hallway to media room. We are wanting to get some vintage movie posters for this hallway and in the media room


Media room



Playroom


Guest room (still a work-in-progress)


Guest bath
Work station
Mud bench

Laundry room

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Ashley, your home is simply amazing! I love it!!!! You've done a beautiful job decorating...wish I could see it in person!

    ReplyDelete