Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hadley's first year of preschool is complete!

Hadley finished her first year at Warm World preschool and I cannot believe how much she has learned in this first year. It definitely helps that she LOVES school and would go everyday if she could. She has learned how to write her name, count into her twenties, sing many songs, cut with scissors, and color in the lines a little better. We had a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Russ, and we will miss her so much next year. Just to brag a little bit...our parent/teacher conference went great! Mrs. Russ said Hadley listens so well. She never complains and plays with all the kids rather than just a couple. This made me so proud because I pray she is always a child that doesn't want other kids to feel left out. She shares and has such a sweet demeanor. She comes home from school and talks about a lot of the kids but her best friend this year was Parker. Parker is a sweet little boy in the class connected to hers. She would always talk about him but we met him for the first time at a school function in October. Her teacher told us that they hold hands all the time, he always checks on her, and they lay their nap pads right next to each other during nap time. I think it's really cute but Matt is not too sure!

Hadley's teacher made a book from projects throughout the year and I took a picture of a few of my favorite pages:


You can't see this page very well but it has her handprint at the beginning of the year and one at the end. It also has her weight in which she somehow went from 34 to 32 pounds and she grew an inch from 38 to 39 inches:

This is the page from Mom's day in October. She drew a picture of me and answered a few questions that her teacher asked. I have no idea why she said I like Fanta because I don't think I have ever tried the drink. My favorite answer was "She takes care of the baby while I am at school." Hudson was born just a few weeks before and I love how Hadley was thinking about him.

This page is from Dad's Day in April. Look how much better her stick people have gotten. And what a great dad..."He plays baby dolls with me." But again, I have no idea how she got the color question wrong. Any other day you ask her and she quickly answers GO POKES...her word for orange.

I am not sure when Hadley was asked these questions but they are still right on. My favorite here is "When I grow-up I want to be...married." So cute. Apparently we've been watching too many fairy tale movies!
Here are all the kids in Hadley's class (from left to right): Claire, Jack, Charlie, Hadley, Keely, and Drew.

No comments:

Post a Comment