Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day!

Well, the weathermen were not over-dramatic this time...we got a lot of snow today.

And best of all, this means an entire day with my family, forced to stay at home and enjoy being lazy. We did do a little organizing and cleaning but for the most part we watched tv, played on the floor with the kids, and braved the -13 windchill so that Hadley could play in the snow. After last year's snow storm I told Matt that I didn't care if we wasted the money and it got no use, Hadley would have a snow suit each year in case we got that much snow again. But....I forgot that I had made that statement, and therefore, forgot to get her snow attire once again. So she looked like this:


She is wearing my hat, windpants with three layers of leggings underneath, rainboots, a dress she insisted on wearing, two not-so-warm jackets, and gloves that were not even close to being waterproof. Poor kid was outside for maybe 15 minutes before it hit her that she was miserable! Next year I will be a better mom and have her properly dressed for snow angels and snow ball fights... if I remember.

Here are a few pictures of some views from inside our house:







Even the dogs were lazy. They only went outside twice when they could absolutely not hold it any longer.


Hudson, unfortunately, was only able to experience the snow behind glass. I don't think he really minded:


Back to work tomorrow...as long as we don't get stuck in a snow drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment