Thursday, April 20, 2017

CCS Spring Program

The night I look forward to every year... the CCS Spring program where the kids get to showcase all the songs they have been learning in music class. I love taking off work a little bit early so I can have time to get them ready and get there early for some good seats. I am one of those parents! 

A few pictures before we left for the program. 








And we always have to get pictures with friends! Hudson and Creighton and Hadley and Peyton. Its so sweet for Peyton to want to come watch the kids sing now that she is in middle school and has a different program.



Each class did a some piece of art to be auctioned off in the school fundraiser. The painting behind Hudson is the one Mrs. Mercer's class did. He was really proud of it!


Hudson and Will, Hudson and Hudson T, and Hudson and Jonathan. Hudson has made some really great friends this year in kindergarten!




I was really sad to be sitting in a pretty terrible spot for Hudson's program. I'm not sure any spot would have been good! Hudson was smack dab in the middle of all his classmates so he kinda got hidden at times. Matt was able to go up on the balcony and get some pretty good video at least! I was also able to see him much better than the pictures showed. Once again, he was the ready to perform. He loves these programs and puts his whole heart into it! He smiles at us while he's singing, does all the hand motions, and knows ALL the words. It brings me SO much joy to watch him sing and dance.





I hear from moms all the time that their daughters always say Hudson is SOOOO cute. He blushes every single time he hears it! I also think it helps that he is absolutely so sweet and polite to the girls. He has no problem giving them hugs and he loves to say, "ladies first" at school. Lets hope he keeps these manners back. Here are the two girls that Hudson is pretty crazy about...Campbell and Eden. 



Hudson was pretty pumped about this performance and finishing strong.


Hadley's turn. Let me brag about Hadley for a second. She tried out for a solo for the program and she didn't get it. But I could not have been more proud of her attitude when finding out. In her exact words she said, "It's ok. I am sad but I will just have to keep trying out." I love that she does not give up and doesn't get frustrated by it. Her attitude in everything she does will get her so far someday. She wants things, try for them, but if she doesn't achieve it she does not give up and is willing to try again. She was also very happy for the girl that did get it and even told the music teacher thank you for letting her try out. I am so proud of her and made sure to tell her what a grown up choice she made!

Hadley took some pictures with her friends as well. Here is Hadley and Emmy and then Hadley and a big group of friends.




I had a pretty great view of Hadley the entire time. At almost 10 years old she still loves these programs. She will sing the songs for days on end and always loves to be up there. She has a big smile on her face (except the couple times she yawned) and I can always pick out her sweet voice. She is growing so much. I can't believe we only have one more year to watch her perform in this program. She has made it so much fun over the years!





Watching big sis. He was even caught singing along with several of the songs.






Hadley and Reese getting that pose down and Hadley and Clara.



Successful night. We ended it with frozen yogurt with friends and a late night to bed...but totally worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment