Wednesday, February 1, 2017

100th day of school

This will go in the books as possibly the best kindergarten day of Hudson's year! Today was the 100th day of school and all the kids were told they could dress up as old men or old women. Hudson was all about it when we were deciding on a costume and surprisingly I had to by very little. We had the whole outfit including the suspenders and so I bought the eyebrows, mustache, and glasses. We asked to borrow Mama's cane. And I bought a can of silver hair spray paint. He was so excited...until the day of. 

Sweet Hudson loves attention when HE wants it! But this was not the case. As soon as he was all dressed he panicked. He was scared everyone would look at him, make fun of him, and laugh. I just couldn't explain enough that the other kids would be dressed the same way. So we had a few tears, took some of the costume off, and then put it back on when he decided he would try and be brave enough. Look how cute he is!!!!



We got to school and wouldn't you know he immediately sees a friend that decided he didn't want to dress up. And then we stood in the hall waiting to be released to classes and all the 4th graders were so sweet and kept telling him how awesome his costume was. But Hudson was just sure they were actually laughing at him.

Thankfully, in about 5 minutes he was loving his costume! Everyone kept telling him how cute he was and he started seeing others looking crazy as well. I cracked up at the pictures people sent me all day. And, personally, I loved Hudson's costume the most! I went up at lunch to see him and take Hadley lunch. He was in library and I looked in without him seeing me. Several people had changed clothes but he kept his on, even the eyebrows! So I guess he ended up liking the attention!












In character....



No comments:

Post a Comment