Friday, May 29, 2015

OC Softball Camp

Hadley did her first ever softball camp at Oklahoma Christian and ended up LOVING it! She was a little nervous the day before and wasn't quite sure it was something she wanted to do but I think it was a little fear of the unknown. She loved being with a few of her great softball friends as well as getting to be coached by college girls. She thought they were pretty cool and wanted to listen to their every word. The head coach is the same coach that has been there for many years and he was excellent. I feel like Hadley learned so much in the 4 days of camp and came away an even better hitter. She was even sad when it was over and asked to do another week of camp!


This picture was from the first day. I was at work and Lindsey went up to eat lunch with the girls. She sent me these pictures to show me the fun they were having...






On Thursday I was off work so LaNeale and I took the boys to Aspen coffee after dropping the girls off so they could play for a little while and we could spend some time together. We went back to our house for the boys to play and then took Subway up to all the girls for lunch. I love to see how excited Hadley still gets to see me and how much she was wanting to show me all she had learned. She even introduced me to a lot of her coaches. LaNeale and I stayed around to watch them the second half of camp and let the boys run around rather than going home for an hour and coming right back. It was pretty cool to see all the drills they were doing with the kids!










Hadley and Holland ended up going back to Brooklyn's house to swim in her pool and I'm shocked they even had enough energy to do it! I picked Hadley up about 7 and it took her two minutes to completely conk out in the car.



On Friday the camp had a scrimmage for the girls so the parents could see the improvement they had made over the week. They had all the older girls in the field and the younger girls were hitting. I think all our girls improved on their hitting and they even learned how to bunt, which was definitely their favorite part!

And finally, they did awards. So proud of all the girls. Hadley's name got called to receive her award which consisted of: Best attitude, 1st in bunting, 1st in long distance throw, 1st in 30ft accuracy throw, 2nd in 60 ft accuracy throw. So proud of her and especially of her "best attitude" award. She is always up for anything with a smile on her face! 

Such a fun camp and the girls already say they want to do it again next year...




No comments:

Post a Comment