Monday, July 28, 2014

Celebrating the end of summer

It has been a great summer! In fact, it has been my favorite yet. We have gotten to do so many fun things with the kids and they are at just the greatest ages. Hadley is always on the move though. She wanted to be doing something every single day of the week so after camps, playdates, days at the pool, etc., I felt like I wanted a little one-on-one time with her before heading back to school. I gave her a pick of anything she wanted to do and she chose White Water. We had never been before and I was a little excited to see if it was anything like it was when we were kids! After dropping Hudson off at school we went straight there and got in line just before it opened. We rented a locker, put our stuff away, and headed straight for the slides. It was a perfect day because it was a little cool and overcast and I think a lot of people weren't out because it looked like it was going to rain. Thankfully, it never even sprinkled and we had a perfect afternoon of very short lines. 



I was so proud of Hadley and how brave she was to jump off the cliffs and go on a slide that literally threw her off the end. She even got a face full of water the second time she did it. We rode every single ride (except the three she wasn't tall enough for) and even rode many of them multiple times. We ate lunch, had dippin dots dessert, and had such a great time. So much of White Water was the same as when I was a kid and I was flooded with memories. It was definitely a special day for Hadley and I and we can't wait to go back again!





No comments:

Post a Comment