Monday, March 25, 2013

My little artist

Hadley just absolutely LOVES to paint, draw, color, and do any other type of artsy project. I have no idea where this came from because neither Matt nor I are what I would call the artsy type. Even her teacher told me in her parent/teacher conference that Hadley likes to draw more than any of the other kids in her class and is always trying her hardest to make her picture pretty. It is so funny to look back at the past and laugh about what worried me. Example: when Hadley was three she scribbled on paper and I couldn't get her to color for the life of me. She had zero interest and when she was told to color in school she would draw a couple scribbles and quickly turn her paper in. I had this crazy thought that she wasn't going to love school and I probably blew it all out of proportion. And now, only two years later, she is the complete opposite. She is wanting to read so bad, always asking us addition and subtraction problems, and asking to color ALL the time. 

Back on track...while Hudson was napping I pulled out some paper and paints for Hadley and she painted a few pretty pictures for all of us. 

I love how she sticks her tongue out when she is concentrating:




This is a tree that has fallen over because somebody chopped it down. It is laying in the middle of a field of flowers.



And one more tree (this one still standing). It was cold today so Hadley painted lots of snow all around the tree.



One of my favorite things about going through her backpack is pulling out her little green folder and finding out what artwork is inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment