Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

One of my very favorite memories in school were our Valentine's parties. I remember spending a week decorating my shoebox at home that would then be taken to school. We lined them all up and then on Valentine's day we would all drop a valentine in each person's shoebox. I remember how exciting it was to look through my box and see what all I got. I was no less excited this year when I got to help Hadley and Hudson with their Valentines. We (or I) decided it would be fun to make our own Valentines this year thanks to Pinterest. I am pretty sure Matt did not understand why I wouldn't save the few hours it took to make them and go pick some out at the store instead but he sure did think they were cute in the end. 

Hadley's Valentines with her teacher presents at the back:


She actually did most of this work by herself and spent over an hour punching the holes for the suckers, putting the heart sticker on, signing her name, and sticking the sucker in. All I had to do was print the Valentine's and cut them out.  I was so proud of her for wanting to do it all herself!



Here are Hudson's Valentines with his teacher gifts at the back. He, of course, had no part in making these and I even waited until he was napping or the kids would have had no candy in their bags!


It's a little dark but says, "I 'wheelie' like you"


After dropping both kids off at their different schools I drove back to Crossings for Hadley's Valentine's party. We started with a craft and all the kids got to make a door knob hanger with foam hearts all over it.



Then the kids got a yummy Krispy Kreme heart-shaped donut!


Saying our prayer. Hadley couldn't take her eyes off the donut and her friend Mary Beth was just exasperated that she was having to wait to eat!



Not happy that mommy told her she could not have ANOTHER donut. She was actually joking but she sure does look mad!


Sweet friends: Hadley, Prestyn, and Ashlyn.


Hadley's class. I feel like she got so lucky with such a great class of kids and I am already sad that the year's end is quickly approaching. 


Since Hudson's class didn't allow parents for the Valentine's party I decided to take him for ice cream after school. He gets out of school at 2:15 and Hadley doesn't get out until 3:15 so we always have some time to kill. This has become a regular stop for us and until we have some nicer weather and can go to the park to wait on Hadley, it may continue.  Anyway, here are a few pictures of him chowing down on a gummy worm and you can see by the last picture that he thought it was pretty funny!




After we got home from school we had to lay out all our candy on the table and start making trades. This actually was done quite peacefully and they hardly begged for any of it. They each only wanted one piece and then they were ready for a nap. Looks like the Valentine's parties wore them out!


Once Hudson woke up and was in a little better mood I decided to try and take a couple of pictures of him in the Valentine's shirt he picked out himself. He wasn't really having it and would point his hand at me and tell me NO every time I lifted the camera up to my face. 



Showing me his stapler and Blow-pop.



When daddy got home from work he surprised his two girls with flowers and cards! He sure knows how to spoil us and make us feel special. Hadley could not have been more excited and even loved her card just as much.


I have never been much of a rose person so these beautiful Tulips were absolutely perfect! I am spending my 9th Valentine's day with the best Valentine I could have ever imagined.




No comments:

Post a Comment