Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hudson's Milk and Cookies Party


One more birthday party complete!

Hudson had his 2nd birthday party at our house. I saw a cute Milk and Cookies theme and thought I could have a lot of fun planning this party and I did! I started planning early so I kept it pretty low stress and was able to pick up a lot of the decorations whenever I would see something perfect at the store. 

Here is our kitchen island, complete with decorations. 



My mom was a lifesaver and helped me so much wrapping milk bottles, baking cookies with (and for) me, setting up, and cleaning up. I really don't think I would have had the time to do it all without her!

The cookies included: oreos, oatmeal creme pies, cowboy cookies, white chocolate macadamia nut, peanut butter kisses, lemon doozies, chocolate chip, moon pies, and iced sugar cookies. On top of that we had cookie cake for the birthday cake and hundreds of plain sugar cookies for the kids to decorate.

I decided last minute that since the party was from 4-6 I was sure to ruin all these kid's dinners since they would be full of sugar. We picked up some pizza so they would at least get a little something else in their stomachs as well!









Hadley wanted to help me take a picture of the birthday party favors.


Each family got a jar of cookie mix that would make the cowboy cookies we had at the party and each kid got a candy bar.




I wish I had gotten a picture of all the milk bottles filled with chocolate and white milk.  Here is the before at least. It took me a full month to drink all those frappucinos, peel off the labels, wash them, and decorate them with burlap and labels!

I was a little nervous how this mall-bought cookie cake would turn out but I think it looked great!

Just some of the sugar cookies....


A little pre-party photo shoot with the birthday boy. Poor guy had to be woken up from his nap and although he didn't seem to be bothered by it here...


...and his excitement for an oreo here...




...he soon let me know he was NOT happy about being woken up. Unfortunately, it took about an hour for him to really start enjoying his party. Until that point, he had just a few meltdowns.



My favorite!!!



Our family loved celebrating the past two years with our very favorite little boy!


Hadley got a few splinters and was completely terrified of me taking them out. We literally had to pin her down and after a few minutes of pulling out splinters she said, "Oh! That was it?"


The kids were quick to start decorating cookies. I don't know how many times I heard parents say, "No ____, do not put that knife back in there. You just licked it." I am pretty sure we all shared germs at the party.



Hadley had plenty of icing in her hair before the night was over.

Kellen and Lexi

Kinley

Grayson

Lisa and Peyton decorating some cookies.


Hudson with his decorated cookies.

Meltdown #2. Thankfully, this was the last.

I think Gage liked the icing!


Buck, Ryan, Peyton, and Papa






I am just so in love with this birthday boy!

Doing such a good job sharing his toys.

Kristin getting a little practice for baby girl #2.



It was a little bit warm but such a great night for the party. Everyone pretty much stayed outside, enjoyed the weather, and watched the kids play. Fun times for everyone!






Jay, Amber, Kase, and Buck




Brooklyn and Brynlee came back from the lake just in time for the party. We were so happy they were able to make it.

Tinsley


Hadley managed to try and turn Hudson's party into a fashion show and she succeeded. She even had some of the boys dressed up as princesses. Here is Gage dressed up as a mermaid and pretty proud of it!
                                                 
Hadley and the rest of the girls thought it was pretty funny!





Absolutely the most chaotic present opening I have ever experienced. Everyone will be lucky to get a thank you for the right gift!



Hudson and Daddy playing with one of his new toys.

And a few more pics from the fashion show. Grayson in his sleeping beauty dress. This will surely make it in either a yearbook picture or wedding slide show!

Hadley's dress of choice...always!


And no fashion show is complete without full makeup.


Hudson's 2nd Birthday party was such a blast! I was worn out by the end of the night but it was completely worth it. I just can't even believe it has been 2 years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment