Monday, October 10, 2011

Hudson's first day of school

Hudson started Mother's day out today and I just KNEW we were off to a great start. Our typically early riser slept until 7:15 so I was thrilled that he was going to be well-rested for his first long day of playing. I have a whole new appreciation for working mothers that get two kids ready for daycare each day because it was definitely chaotic to get both kids packed and out the door in time. We did manage to get a quick picture in before we walked out. He looks pretty happy!

But the happy face didn't last for long! Hudson screamed bloody murder as I handed him over to his teachers and I quickly escaped the room knowing he would quit crying as soon as I left the room, right? Nope! When I arrived back to pick him up his teacher said they had a rough morning and he cried most of the time...but he did wake up happy from his nap. His "report card" has lots of different words/statements to check and the ones they chose were 1. needed extra attention 2. played alone 3. happy. I think they checked the last one to make me feel better! So we will see how much better he gets over the next few weeks but I think if I could add one box that would definitely have been checked, it would be....SPOILED!

No comments:

Post a Comment