Monday, October 24, 2011

Hadley's first time rollerskating

Hadley went to her first rollerskating party. My one prayer as we drove to the party was that we would both make it out of there without a broken bone. Thankfully, prayers were answered but my stomach definitely hurt when I left from laughing so hard! Please imagine several 4, 5, and 6 year olds (most of whom have never skated) skating with their parents (most of whom have not skated in years). I laughed for a full 2 hours as kids and parents fell on top of each other and got up just to fall right back down. I am actually just happy that I haven't seen myself on a youtube video yet!

Here is Hadley feeling pretty confident. Little did she know we hadn't even made it on the rink yet and skating consisted of more than rolling across carpet.


Here she is mid-fall when I decided to put down the camera and try to keep her from falling again!

And here, no longer holding onto the wall and getting the hang of making it around the rink. I am so proud of her determination to learn to skate but I am also not sure she will ask to skate again anytime real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment