Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our loss is Heaven's gain




The last few years have been a struggle, but nothing can prepare you for the moment you have to say goodbye to someone who occupies a big part of your heart. It is easy to say she won't hurt anymore, that this is what she would have wanted, and that she lived a wonderful life but it is hard...really hard.

My brother, cousin Kristin, and I spent a lot of time at my mom-ma's house and my mind is flooded with memories as I sit today and reflect on my time with her. Some of my favorite memories are the countless hours playing the game Sorry with her and my Papa, eating grapenuts as a bedtime snack, laying on her couch if we were sick and my parents both needed to work, summer trips to Padre Island where I had my first jellyfish sting, an incredible trip to Disneyland that she was so excited to take us on, picking vegetables she had grown in the garden, wearing the dresses she spent countless hours making us, and sitting in lawnchairs in the driveway with her and Papa as we watched people drive down the street.

She loved us more than life itself. And then we had our own kids. And she loved them just as much (if not more)! She has had some physical complications since the kids have been born but you could always see her eyes light up when they came to see her. I love the innocence of children and how they are not sad about her leaving us. They know she is going to Heaven and they will see her again. They are stronger than us and it is times like this that we learn so much from a child.

I believe my Mom-ma and Papa met again today. And I believe we will all meet again too but until then some tears will be shed and a small void will exist in our hearts. I love you Mom-ma!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment