Thursday, August 17, 2017

First day of school

Another first day of school photo shoot! I love how easy the first day of school is. The kids are up super early, jump straight out of bed, are excited to get ready, and have their backpacks ready to walk out the door about 30 minutes before we need to. We will see how long it lasts but I'll take what I can get. Actually, I have been very fortunate to have early risers that love school. They rarely give me any trouble getting ready (as long as we can keep the iPads and TVs off) and our mornings are pretty peaceful. 

Anyway, we were all smiles this morning. They both look exceptionally grown up in these pics. Hudson has grown so much over the summer...and where did Hadley's bow go?! 




Because it would be boring to not have some silly pictures as well....
















Finally sick of me taking pictures and we came back inside to gather everything up. I had these cute cookies made for the teachers and even got a couple cookies for the kids in celebration of their first day back at school. I love them!








Hadley was quick to find her friend, Claire, and it was so cute to see them walk down the hall holding hands!


To their classes we went. We dropped Hudson off first, found his locker, and got set up at his desk. He gave me a few hugs, followed me out to the hall, but then did great when I left. I can't wait to hear about his day.




Hadley was a little more excited and didn't seem to think she would miss me quite as much. She was so happy to see her friends she hadn't seen over the summer. She was all smiles. 



I am sure going to miss the kids today! Thankfully, they are the best at giving me all kinds of stories and I can't wait to pick them up and hear all about their first day. We had a great summer but they also love school. Hudson can't wait to read everyday and is excited "to learn math." Hadley pretty much loves everything about school....I hope it continues. We said a prayer in the car on the way to school that they would be joyful, make new friends, love their old friends, and respect their teachers. Then, just as I do every year, I drove away from school with tears in my eyes because it will always be hard to see them growing up!


No comments:

Post a Comment