Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Arts Festival Field Trip

Another field trip in the books and this was a fun one (although a tiny bit random)! The second graders have been studying Chinese culture and there is a family at Crossings that owns the Chinese supermarket. They graciously allowed the kids to come tour the supermarket, gave them free food, and exposed them to some true Chinese culture. Each kid could also bring some money from home to buy some souvenirs and snacks. Hadley bought some Chinese crackers....her friend, Clara, bought Cheetos. I couldn't wait to take Clara back to the school and show her mom! I had a lot of fun at the supermarket. Its a place I have always wanted to go in but was a little to intimidated to do so. 


Next we took our sack lunches to the Myriad gardens to eat before heading to the Arts Festival. The kids scarfed down their food and we were on our way. They each got to make a craft, or two, and then we walked around and looked at art. I am sure it was supposed to be a learning experience but it turned into them running around like crazies and me being a little stressed that I was going to lose one of the kids I was in charge of. But at least we all had a great time and I got to have a fun day with Hadley and her friends. It's a little hard to believe we don't have many more years of field trips together!






No comments:

Post a Comment