Monday, July 13, 2015

Zoo Day

We don't get out to the zoo enough because it seems to take up the entire day but when we do we always have a great time. We knew it would be a hot day so Hadley, Hudson and I woke up early and were there as the gates opened. It ended up being the perfect day and all the animals were out. I really think I saw more than I have ever seen. The lions are almost always hidden and all three were perched up on top of the hill for everyone to see. The orangutans were putting on quite a show for the kids and they cracked up. They even had to get a picture in front of the glass hoping we could see them behind the glass. 







After seeing all the animals we had hoped to see we ate lunch, stopped by the park, rode the carousel which is always a must, and when we got really tired we stopped by the stream to cool off and splash in the water. I usually don't dress the kids in shoes and clothes to play in the water but this time we had planned for it and they LOVED it. In fact, I think that and the sand sculptures we made ended up being their favorite parts of the day. We had a great time with absolutely no arguing. One of my favorite days of our summer together.








No comments:

Post a Comment