Thursday, April 30, 2015

Reading Restaurant

 
Each year the first graders at Crossings do a "Reading Restaurant" for the parents. I have always heard so much about it but didn't know exactly what to expect. It is now one of my favorite things we have done yet!
 
About a week before it was scheduled we got a reservation card for our spot at the restaurant. They asked to only have two people from each family come so Matt and I put our names on the card and returned it back to the school. When we arrived Thursday morning we waited in the hallway until our scheduled time of 9:30. This sign was out front which I knew Hadley had drawn by the handwriting:
 

The door opened and our little chef/server greeted us at the door. She said, "Holloman, party of two, right this way" and took us to our table. On the table was a placemat she had drawn and some flowers for decoration. She presented us with a "menu" of options and we were each able to order two. The menu options were different types of books they had written throughout the year such as Poem, Science, Virtues, Non-fiction, etc.




After picking our 4 menu items, she retrieved the appropriate books and came back to the table to read them to us. It was one of my favorite, sweetest moments to hear her precious voice reading us the books she had written. We were so proud of her and excited that at the end we got to take the remaining books home to finish reading them.

 


After our reservation was over Matt went back to work and I volunteered to watch the kids on the playground while the next group of kids went. Hadley LOVES for me to play with her on the playground so I will take it while I can! Such a fun morning and I'm so excited I will be able to do it again in a few more years...



No comments:

Post a Comment