Monday, November 14, 2011

We do not do red!

I had Hadley's parent teacher conference today and was thrilled to get such a good report! Mrs. James said she is amazed at how independent she is; always going potty on her own, putting up her backpack without being told to, and picking up all the toys she plays with. She said she listens well, knows all her numbers and letters, loves to color, loves to play with everyone, and always participates.

She told me the one word she would use to describe her is "happy." Of all words I can think of to describe my little girl, this may be one I would pick. Of course I want her to be smart, to have lots of friends, to be confident, but more than anything else, I want her to be HAPPY. It definitely made me smile to know Hadley is always happy away from home too.

So she also told me a funny story at the end of the conference. I may possibly lose some friends over this but it still made me laugh:

At the end of each school day the kids get to pick one skittle to eat if they have been good. Mrs. James said Hadley has never gotten her skittle taken away and she picks an orange one EVERY single time. Her teacher asked her why she always gets orange and Hadley said, "because I like 'go pokes' and it makes my daddy happy." She then asked her teacher which team she liked and Mrs. James answered, "my son went to OU so I am an OU fan." Hadley then responded with, "we DO NOT do red in our house!" Apparently, I have had little influence on my children and am clearly losing the battle....


1 comment: