Saturday, November 5, 2011

Missing Daddy

Matt has been out of town for a continuing education meeting since Wednesday and I could not be more excited for him to get back in town tomorrow night! It doesn't help that Hudson got sick the morning after he left and threw up on me at least 4 times, leaving me with lots of laundry and fumes of throw up radiating off my body all day. This quickly resolved and he was back to bouncing off the walls, climbing on everything, or screaming because I couldn't hold him that second. However, I have loved all my extra cuddle time with Hudson and I have gotten to spend so much more quality time with him. Hadley got to spend the night with Lolly and Pops on Thursday night giving me an entire night with Hudson to play, cuddle, and give him every bit of my attention. Then on Friday night Hudson spent the night with Mama and Papa and I got a date night with my sweet girl. She had been so good for me all week and I was excited to devote all my time to her. We decided to go see Puss in Boots at the theater and she, of course, wanted Peyton to come along. These girls are an expensive date! Movie, candy, pops, popcorn, a toy after the movie, and when I finally thought I was making it out of the mall...we passed Cinnabon. The girls immediately claim they HAVE to have a cinnamon roll because it's their favorite (I am pretty sure neither of the girls have ever had one of these cinnamon rolls). So I am suckered once again and we get a cinnamon roll to go. Just a few more mouthfuls of sugar right before bed! We belly laughed the entire way to Peytons house and then Hadley I headed home to play some games and have a slumber party in my bed. But the best part came the next morning when she rolled over, gave me a big hug, and said "Mommy, I had SOOO much fun last night!"

It has been an exhausting week and I am more thankful than ever for my husband that helps me so much around the house and is such a fun daddy to my kids. Hadley, on many occasions, asked me when daddy was coming home and with three days left had a daily countdown. I am sure if Hudson could talk he would have told me he was ready for daddy to come home as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment