Thursday, March 17, 2016

Spring Break Fun...and some not-so-fun

Oh, were we ready for Spring Break! We didn't have any big plans this year and it was actually nice. I was just excited to spend some days with the kids and with a week full of nice weather ahead, I knew we would spend a lot of time outside! 

Sunday evening and no rushed bedtime meant a walk with neighbors! 




On Monday we met LaNeale, Oscar, and Holland at Mitch Park to play. It was so hot and felt awesome! We picked up Chick-fil-A for everyone, ate a picnic lunch, and played outside for a couple hours. The boys played ninja almost the entire time and the girls played a lot of catch. Love when a playdate provides a friend for each kid!






We had to follow up at the park with a frozen yogurt trip. Suggested by the kids and not vetoed by the parents!



On Tuesday I had to work and Susan came to babysit. The kids had a great time at the zoo and playing outside with her. They also did a couple craft projects...Susan's specialty. Tuesday evening Hadley had softball practice and afterwards we went to eat at BJ's with the Holleymans and Robertsons. LaNeale invited Hadley and Hudson to spend the night and they were both SUPER excited. I had the cutest pictures sent to me by Laneale all night and the kids had a great time.....until...



....my 3am wake-up call. Hudson had thrown up twice, all over Oscars bed, and he was crying for me. I jumped in the car and drove over at 3am to take him back home. Poor little guy was SO sick. He threw up more than I have ever seen a kid throw up. I called in to work and it was a day at home on the couch. It took several hours for him to feel better but he had to have gotten rid of every single thing in his system. He was an absolute champ, only cried once, and just wanted to cuddle all day, which I will always gladly take! Thankfully, Hadley stayed with Holland most of the day and it kept her away from the germy house. I was on a lysol, clorox, hand sanitizer mission and somehow we all (or the rest of us) avoided getting sick!




Hadley came home Wednesday afternoon and we got to spend some time hanging out together and playing games. I bought Guess Who, one of my favorites as a kid and we had so much fun playing it. On Thursday, Emma invited her to go to SkyZone Trampoline park which worked out great since Hudson was still resting a bit. Hudson and I met the girls for lunch and then they were headed to see Zootopia. Hudson decided he needed some fresh air and we went to Martin Nature Park instead. He had a great time exploring and I have no idea how his body wasn't too weak to handle it. He taught me about several animals (this kid knows his animal facts!) and we walked at least a mile. He waded in the creek and we found some really cool sticks. It wasn't until we were on our way back to the car that his little body gave out and I had to carry him the rest of the way.






One day left of Spring Break and it deserves its own post. What a fun week it has been....or at least most of it. At least with Hudson getting sick I got to call in to work another day and enjoy even more time with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment