Tuesday, November 10, 2015

New sitter

It's a new day with a new routine today. After a few years of having the same sitter, Kristin has left us. We are heartbroken about this but with her new baby coming next week we have been preparing. I have looked and looked for a new sitter but finding someone one day a week is so difficult! I was at lunch with friends and explaining our situation and my friend, Susan, said "I'd love to do it!" I laughed, assuming she wasn't serious, and we went on with lunch. The next day she emailed me and explained she was serious. Some backstory: she left Kanakuk when she got married to a guy here in Edmond. She was thrilled to move back home but has never not had a job. Just in the couple months of being married she has been "bored" in her words. On Tuesdays they have a housecleaner come so it worked out perfectly to get out of the house. 

So...today was her first day. Hudson was so excited to see her and pushed me out the door! Not really, but he was excited. They went to the zoo and I got pictures all day. And best of all, he had a blast! He loves her and we do too. I know its not long term and she is just helping us out but we will be thankful for any time we do get! 




No comments:

Post a Comment