Friday, November 6, 2015

Lunch with Hadley

I've gotten to have lunch with Hadley a couple times this year but this day was especially needed. Hadley has had a little bit of a rough year this go around. I think it is a combination of things...she has a teacher that is not as loving and touchy as she has had the previous 3 years. Hadley loves the attention and the affection and it has been hard for her to adjust. She also has a little bit of a problem with staying quiet in class. This kiddo loves to talk. And she loves to be funny and make people laugh. And then...Hadley has a friend in class that has asked for help on a couple tests and Hadley has let her look at her paper. I really feel like the first time was because she didn't know better. But the second time she had already been talked to about it and she couldn't say no once again. It absolutely broke my heart for us to have to ground her and really punish her. She burst into tears and it was a really rough week for her. We made it through and she understands now that her teacher loves her, we love her, and everyone is responsible for their own work. I think this second semester will be better but I do know she still misses having a teacher that hugs on her every day!

I had a great time at lunch. She was all smiles and I got to see a side of her that her friends see everyday. She truly is so funny with her friends. She had them all laughing at lunch and I can tell it makes her day to do so. She loves showing me off to her friends and she would love me to eat lunch with her every single day if I could. I love her more than she could ever know!



No comments:

Post a Comment