Monday, August 17, 2015

Hudson's first day of school

Hudson had to wait 4 days after Hadley to start school. To say he couldn't wait is an understatement. He was dying to go to school and play with his friends as well. When Monday morning came he was early to rise and got dressed in a hurry. We took some pictures outside, ate a cinnamon roll breakfast, and all three of us were out the door. We dropped Hadley off at class and then walked down the hallway to the preschool rooms. Hudson was pretty excited to see his best friend, Will, in the hallway and I think he was a little confused when he saw Will was going to another classroom. But he still bounced right into his class with no hesitation. He put his backpack up, marked on the board that he brought his lunch, found his name at the table, and was ready to get to work! I stayed longer than he needed but just couldn't get enough. I had a whole day with both of the kids in school. I had so many things to get done but knew I would miss them both all day....and I did. I couldn't wait to pick them up and I was thrilled to find out Hudson had an awesome first day as well. He LOVES his teacher which is what I was the most worried about after having Ms. Kristin and even made lots of new friends already. Such a change in last year because it took about half a year before he mentioned any names but this year he came home immediately talking about two boys, Gunner and Slaydon. Yay for two great first days by both kids!






Oh, and as for me....I treated myself to a massage which was much needed after a few stressful days. It did help me relax but I definitely spent the entire time laying there and wondering how their day was going. 




No comments:

Post a Comment