Saturday, February 14, 2015

A great Valentine's Day

Ever since having kids, Matt and I have never gotten into celebrating Valentine's day on the actual day. We usually go out to eat or celebrate the weekend before when its not quite as busy. This year I had the idea to make it a fun day for our kids since Valentine's day fell on Saturday. Matt let Hadley plan a date for them and Hudson planned a date for us. Then we thought it would be fun for all of us to meet up together for a movie.
 
 Matt rang the doorbell to pick Hadley up for her date. She was more than thrilled to get a bouquet of roses from her daddy. What a thoughtful date! He also got her a card asking him to be her Valentine. It was a chalkboard where she had to answer yes or no. Then she even wrote him her own message. 
 



 

Hudson was a little sad and upset that he hadn't gotten me flowers so we reenacted the scene for him to give me a bouquet...or the same bouquet. I was equally excited and couldn't wait for my date.



Hudson chose Chuck E Cheese as his restaurant of choice. This was NO surprise to me but I was excited about a little pizza and games with my favorite little guy! Hudson actually ate an entire small pizza by himself which is definitely not the typical. He also said the sweetest prayer before dinner that went like this: "Dear God, thank you for the best mommy ever. And for pizza. And games. And I hope daddy and i-e (sissy) are having fun."
We had a great time playing games and being silly. He was excited to cash in his tickets for a couple toys and then it was time to meet daddy and Hadley.





Hadley chose BJ's for dinner but also threw in a little shopping trip to Justice as well. She knows how good her daddy is at saying no to her! Matt said she was a complete sweetheart at dinner and was so excited to spend time with just him. He commented on how strange it is to have a little girl that is acting so grown up, eats her dinner without being asked over and over, and can even get up from the table to go to the bathroom by herself (even if she did accidently go into the mens!). They shared dessert and hurried over to the mall so she could shop before Hudson and I got there.


When we met up with them at the mall we let the kids play in the play area for a little bit until it was time for the movie. Hadley was so excited to show me her new shirt and the bracelets that she picked out. She was all smiles!

We decided on seeing Paddington for the movie. It ended up being great! We giggled the whole time and the Hudson laughed hysterically. I took a cute picture of the kids before the movie and then one more of Hadley during....


....the sweet girl had too much excitement and couldn't hold out any longer. She curled up in her daddy's lap and fell asleep about an hour into the movie. This may go on my list as one of my very favorite pictures!


We all had a great time and I think it was some really special bonding for us. I hope this can become an annual date for as long as the kids will let us!

No comments:

Post a Comment