Sunday, November 16, 2014

Snow Day!

We had our first snow of the season...and it was even big enough to cancel school the following day. On Sunday it started snowing and the kids were quick to get on their snow clothes and run outside to play. Even Hudson was excited this year when he has always been a little hesitant in the past. We had not bought new snow clothes this year so unfortunately, as seen in the pictures, they were a little bit small! It was also brutally cold and windy so they didn't last out there for very long. And I was hardly able to even stand outside and take pictures. Hadley quickly joined me inside while Daddy and Hudson had a quick snowball fight and then came inside as well. 





















Warming up by the fire!



And some freshly made, warm chocolate chip cookies sure will make you feel much better!











Later that afternoon Reese's mom dropped her off to play. The girls went back out in the snow some more and lasted only about another 30 minutes. Poor Hudson couldn't make up his mind whether he wanted to brave the cold again or stay inside in the warmth with me. Poor guy ended up standing at the window and crying over the hard decision.







Another round of chocolate chip cookies and some hot chocolate loaded with marshmallows!





The girls called Charlotte to come over and the three had a great time coloring and spending time inside. I decided it was a great time to clean up the house and do some laundry. It apparently was a good time for Hudson to color as well....on himself. I have to commend him for how well he is writing his letters!



About 7:00 I decided I better get the girls home before the roads started getting slick. Well....too late! It was terribly slick already. Even my big, heavy car had trouble not sliding all over the place. A car almost slid into me once and then we ended up sliding across the entire bridge. It was definitely the most scared I have ever been driving and I was excited to get home from our hour long trip in the car. It was at this point that I was sure school would be cancelled the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment