Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dad's Day

I LOVE how much my daughter loves her daddy. She tells him he's handsome when he gets ready for church, does anything to make him laugh, wants to sit in his lap to watch movies, always picks the orange skittles at school because it makes him happy, wants to be an OSU cheerleader, cries if she doesn't get to kiss and hug him goodbye in the morning, watches for him to come home, and dedicates any picture she draws to him. I have a daddy's girl and I know how special that bond is. That being said, she still wants me to put her in bed and I'm NOT letting that get taken from me!

Hadley had her second "Dad's Day" at school and she was so excited to take her daddy to class with her. Matt had a pretty special day planned for her as well. The woke up and finished getting ready for school as I left for work. He took her to Panera for breakfast, El Chico (at the mall) for lunch, bought her a Hello Kitty watch (her third one), and then to see Lorax 3-D. Matt told me that while at school Hadley kept telling all the kids that she was going to a movie after school. Matt also said he got several bad looks from the other Dads!

Here is his invitation for him to join her at school:


The tie she made him to wear at school:

Hadley was very proud of their handprints and made me promise I would keep it forever! They also got to play outside, do some schoolwork, Hadley shaved Matt's face, and she answered questions about her daddy including his age...17 years old.

Here they are at the beginning of the movie...

...and here they are with about 30 minutes left. Safe to say her daddy wore her out and they had a great day!

1 comment: