Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I shot my first gun!

I went to the gun range for the first time with Matt, my dad, my brother, and Lisa. Matt is getting a gun for protection and HE thought it would be a good idea for me to learn how to shoot it. I had zero desire to ever shoot a gun but decided he may be right. I also have heard people say how much fun the gun range is so I thought maybe I would enjoy tagging along.

First time...and a little shaky.

Matt loved it, although I am not sure any guy doesn't.


Even baby Adams got some target practice... and a little bit of hearing loss. Lisa actually checked with her Dr. to make sure it would be ok. I had always heard it was loud but never really anticipated it being THIS loud.

My dad owns a big daddy gun that they finally talked me into shooting. This resulted in me being thrown backwards against the wall (maybe I am being a little dramatic but it felt that way).
So it was fun. I am not sure my nerves ever calmed down since there were about 20 people all in this small section of the range and guns were being handled and passed around everywhere! Of course, they are not supposed to be loaded until you are against the rail and ready to shoot but I just don't really trust anyone. So I spent half the time nervously checking everybody out. I am, however, ready to go back and try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment