Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dad's VIP Day

Yesterday was Daddy VIP day at Hadley's preschool. She had been excited for two weeks, ever since they started preparing the kids for all the daddies to come. Tuesday night I picked out a cute outfit for Hadley to wear and she could hardly fall asleep because she couldn't wait! The next morning she came downstairs wearing a different outfit that she had picked out all by herself. A purple and black polka-dot skirt, a hot pink tank top, and silver shoes. She said she had changed her mind and said, "Daddy will think I am so beautiful if I wear this!" Of course, I couldn't make her change after that comment so off to school they went. I am so sad that I didn't take a picture of Hadley and her Daddy before I left for work!!!

Here is the invitation that Hadley gave her Daddy inviting him to come to school with her:




And here is a tie that she made him the week before. All the dad's wore it at school and she was so proud. It was supposed to be a surprise but she HAD to tell him about it the day they made them.


Hadley and her daddy's handprints. Wish her handprint could stay this size for a long while!

Hadley and her daddy had such a good time at school. He wanted to start the day with taking her to get donuts before school because it is not very often that she gets time alone with her daddy anymore. She loved showing him all her friends, singing in chapel for him, doing "centers" with him, and playing on the playground. She is so proud of her daddy!

Hadley and her Daddy have such a special bond and I have loved watching this relationship grow more every day!
I'm gonna watch you shine
Gonna watch you grow
Gonna paint a sign
So you'll always know
As long as one and one is two
There could never be a father who loved
his daughter more than I love you
~Paul Simon~

No comments:

Post a Comment