Friday, July 15, 2016

Hudson's first Kampout

Hudson was pretty pumped to get his chance to go to Kanakuk Kampout. He looked forward to it the entire weekend and was so excited come Monday morning. He was most excited about all the boys he knew that would be in his "tent." Hadley and I dropped him off and he was all smiles. It wasn't hard in the least for him to tell me bye! 



Hadley decided not to do Kampout since she had just gotten back from camp. She loved spending the day with me at....of all places...Taco Bell! Ha! No really, we had a great time together but were excited to pick Hudson up and see how his day was. Obviously, I wore her out because as we pulled in the parking lot I looked back to see she was passed out in the back seat!




Hudson had a great first day and the rest of the week. He loved every minute and really didn't even come home too exhausted which is crazy to me! He said he can't wait to go back....I think he is going to be a Kanakuk lifer!
On Friday I was off work which worked out great for seeing the closing ceremonies. We got there early for a great seat and waited to see what the kids had done for the week. Hadley ended up with Bailey on her lap which didn't bother her a bit! The boys marched in, we watched a video, heard them sing their songs, and then broke up into the tents to get awards.


Hudson's counselor had the best things to say about Hudson's attitude and kindness. I loved Hudson's big smile as he was complimented over and over. He got the 4 square award which is the same one Hadley got her first year....I thought that was pretty cool. Its also my favorite award because it is given to the kid that is well rounded in all corners of his life: wisdom, spiritual, physical, and social. What else could you want for your child?!
What a great week! We love Kanakuk







No comments:

Post a Comment