Saturday, February 20, 2016

Dallas Weekend

LaNeale called us about a month ago and wanted to plan an adult weekend in Dallas with us, the Holleymans, and the Robertsons. Her aunt and uncle had recently bought a highrise apartment there and were renting it out to people. They gave us a great deal thought it was going to be a short weekend, we were excited to get away. The trip almost came to a halt when I came down with some virus the day before...but we had sitters lined up and plans made so I figured I could relax there just as easily as I could relax here! Matt and I drove down Saturday morning and met up with the other four. The boys quickly left to play a round of golf at Colonial (Kip got them on) and LaNeale, Lindsey, and I were off to get massages and blow outs. It became quite comical as nothing went quite like we planned. While I just got a massage, Lindsey and LaNeale both got facials as well. Immediately after they applied the face mask, LaNeale had a crazy reaction to it and her face turned bright red. They took if off as quickly as possible and her facial ended just like that. I ended up with a great massage! We got a quick bite to eat and it was time for our blow outs. We knew right after walking in that we were going to be in for a treat. It was so hot, the women were sweating, and the woman doing my hair was actually a cross-dresser. My hair didn't get washed well and still was full of oil from the massage earlier. And it looked terrible! Nothing like paying $50 for something I could have done much better myself! But we had lots of laughs and it was all worth it. Side note: this entire time I am chilled, running fever, and probably should have just been in bed. After the boys got done golfing and we got back to the apartment we all got dressed for dinner at Neighborhood Services. We had some great food and finished the night off on the patio of the apartment with a fire and drinks. We had more than enough to talk about (mostly involving the kids) and had such a great night...if I just wasn't wrapped up in a blanket and feeling like poo the whole time! We woke up early the next morning to head back home making it a pretty short trip but still worth the time away. Hopefully, we can plan another mini trip soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment