Monday, January 21, 2013

Because I don't do it enough...

I don't talk about what wonderful kids I have enough! And this post is about Hadley...

Hadley has always been such a polite kid. It is one of my favorite things about her personality. When she is at a birthday party I have never seen her get handed a cupcake without saying thank you. And she says please everytime she asks for anything. The best part is that we NEVER have to prompt her. She has just always been this way. But it still makes me so proud anytime someone mentions it to me.

Hadley had ballet tonight and when she came out her teacher and owner of the studio said, "Can I talk to you for a second?" She then told me that Hadley is the most polite kid she has EVER taught. She said she always lets the other kids go first and she offers to help the younger girls in the class. She says "excuse me" anytime she asks a question and she always tells her "thank you" at the end of class.

I could feel how big the smile was on my face. I wanted to pick Hadley up and give her the biggest huge and tell her how much I love her. She makes me so proud and happy every single day but I love that she is just as sweet even when I am not watching her. She is an absolute joy in our lives and we are so incredibly blessed to have such a polite, selfless, caring 5-year-old.

And just a couple more things I want to add to this post...Hadley has been working so hard on her handwriting and spelling. She loves to practice and then show me how much better she has gotten. Here are a couple of the papers she handed me yesterday. I am so impressed at how good her handwriting is for only 5 years old!



No comments:

Post a Comment