Monday, April 9, 2012

Playing hooky

Hadley loves school but on this particular day she was not thrilled about going. She said she just wanted to stay home and play with me. So I talked to her about how much fun she was going to have and we went on our way. As soon as I dropped her off at school my brother called and asked if I wanted to take the kids to the zoo with him and Peyton because Peyton was out of school for Easter Monday. I ran a few errands and surprised Hadley by getting her out of school a little early for a zoo trip. The weather was perfect and we had such a great time.


Playing in the creek:

Peyton feeding the lorakeets:



Hadley wasn't too sure about a bird perching on her and decided to set her cup of nectar on the ground for the bird to eat. She just sat and watched and made sure no other birds came near.


Feeding the giraffes was the girls favorite part of the zoo (and mine too)! They each got 6 pieces of lettuce and got to feed the giraffes over the railing.








And a little too much caffeine!



And finally, doing anything they could to stall us leaving the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment